Re: [code] [textadept] Column position displayed on status bar

From: Qwerky <mr.qwerky.att.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019 16:30:36 -0600

Hi,

On 2019-07-10 15:49, Mitchell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 10 Jul 2019, Qwerky wrote:
>
>> Hello again,
>>
>> The status bar displays the current column position using
>> 'buffer.column[pos]
>> + 1', which is fine most of the time.  However, when the caret is in
>> virtual
>> space, the status bar displays the last column containing text,
>> rather than
>> the actual current column.  (Just type a letter, and the status bar will
>> update to the current column.)
>>
>> Is there a variable like the one above which may be referenced, or a
>> function
>> which may be called, to return the actual current column number even
>> when
>> within virtual space?
>
> I'm looking at the Scintilla documentation[1], but not finding
> anything. This is probably a good question for the scintilla-interest
> mailing list.

> [1]: https://scintilla.org/ScintillaDoc.html
> [2]: https://groups.google.com/group/scintilla-interest

Okay.  Just before doing that, one more question.  SciTE does display
the actual column in the status bar, as desired, so it does seem to be
possible.  In the Scintilla documentation I found the function
'SCI_GETCOLUMN'; I don't know whether or not this is the function used
by SciTE (or is this the function used by Textadept)?  :-)

Question:  is there a method in a .lua module to call such a Scintilla
function directly?

qwerky