[code] [textadept] Menu functions

From: Qwerky <mr.qwerky.att.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 13:12:39 -0600

Hi.  When the main menu (or sub-menu of main menu) is open and an item
is highlighted, it seems that clicking the right mouse button results in
the item being executed, just the same as clicking the left mouse
button.  Also, no keys respond (apart from navigation/selection --
up/down/left/right/enter/esc), including the context-menu key.

My question is:  is there a way that I (or someone) could code up
something so that right-clicking would bring up a context-menu for the
selected item, or a way that selected keys could be active when the menu
is open?

Second, also related to menus:  is there a way that I (or someone) could
code up something so that menu items could have an icon, such as a
check-mark, to the left of the item when the item is active? I did see
some code linked from the wiki, which allowed this type of
functionality, but it seems that that package replaced the entire menu
system?  At any rate, its code was way over my head.  And further, I
believe that it required re-compiling, which can't be done on Windows?

Failing all of the above, perhaps I could achieve certain things by use
of a dialog box.  Could someone point me to a good resource to teach one
how to create dialog boxes (GTK+??), that could be used in TextAdept?

Thanks!

qwerky