Re: [code] [textadept] Menu functions

From: Gabriel Dubatti <gdubatti.att.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 17:20:03 -0300

Hi Qwerky,

El 23/07/2019 a las 16:12, Qwerky escribió:

> Hi.  When the main menu (or sub-menu of main menu) is open and an item
> is highlighted, it seems that clicking the right mouse button results
> in the item being executed, just the same as clicking the left mouse
> button.  Also, no keys respond (apart from navigation/selection --
> up/down/left/right/enter/esc), including the context-menu key.
>
> My question is:  is there a way that I (or someone) could code up
> something so that right-clicking would bring up a context-menu for the
> selected item, or a way that selected keys could be active when the
> menu is open?
>
> Second, also related to menus:  is there a way that I (or someone)
> could code up something so that menu items could have an icon, such as
> a check-mark, to the left of the item when the item is active?  I did
> see some code linked from the wiki, which allowed this type of
> functionality, but it seems that that package replaced the entire menu
> system?  At any rate, its code was way over my head.  And further, I
> believe that it required re-compiling, which can't be done on Windows?
>
> Failing all of the above, perhaps I could achieve certain things by
> use of a dialog box.  Could someone point me to a good resource to
> teach one how to create dialog boxes (GTK+??), that could be used in
> TextAdept?
>
> Thanks!
>
> qwerky

I've been making some changes to textadept.c for some years now to allow
to check and gray menus and also draw controls like toolbars.

You can check my github at https://github.com/gabdub/ta-tweaks .

Unfortunately, I'm very busy right now and I'm afraid I can't help you
if the documentation on the wiki is not enough for you.

You can check it anyway. You may find something useful.

Cheers,

Gabriel