Re: [code] [textadept] Menu functions

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 16:22:51 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

On Tue, 23 Jul 2019, Qwerky wrote:

> Hi.  When the main menu (or sub-menu of main menu) is open and an item is
> highlighted, it seems that clicking the right mouse button results in the
> item being executed, just the same as clicking the left mouse button.  Also,
> no keys respond (apart from navigation/selection --
> up/down/left/right/enter/esc), including the context-menu key.
>
> My question is:  is there a way that I (or someone) could code up something
> so that right-clicking would bring up a context-menu for the selected item,
> or a way that selected keys could be active when the menu is open?

No, this is a feature of GTK. It's possible you could subclass a GtkMenuItem to do stuff on right-click, but that involves recompiling.

> Second, also related to menus:  is there a way that I (or someone) could code
> up something so that menu items could have an icon, such as a check-mark, to
> the left of the item when the item is active?
> [snip]

No, not without editing the core C code and recompiling.

> Failing all of the above, perhaps I could achieve certain things by use of a
> dialog box.  Could someone point me to a good resource to teach one how to
> create dialog boxes (GTK+??), that could be used in TextAdept?

`ui.dialogs`[1] contains the means to create various dialog boxes. You can search within Textadept's codebase for examples of dialog usage.

[1]: https://foicica.com/textadept/api.html#ui.dialogs