[code] [textadept] Caret horizontal position jumps after buffer switch

From: Qwerky <mr.qwerky.att.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2019 13:38:44 -0600

Hi.  In my /USERHOME/init.lua, I have buffer.caret_sticky set to
buffer.CARETSTICKY_OFF (the default, confirmed to be '0'); I have also
tried the other sticky options.  Regardless, the caret's horizontal
position changes from what it was previously in a buffer, to a different
position when switching back to that buffer (happens for all buffers).

With two (or more) buffers open, place caret in buffer one at known
column, eg. 10, and place caret in buffer two at different known column,
eg. 20. From buffer one, switch to buffer two.  Move caret up a line and
back down again.  Switch back to buffer one, and move caret up (or down)
a line.  Caret jumps from column 10 to column 20.

Is there some other setting that is responsible for this (I have
searched!)?  Thanks.

qwerky