Re: [code] Close editor when unsaved changes

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2019 17:14:20 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Thorsten,

On Tue, 13 Aug 2019, Thorsten Kampe wrote:

> Hi,
>
> when trying to close the editor or document, I get the options
> "Quit without saving" and "Cancel". Every other editor I know,
> offers "Save and quit" or "Save and close". Why not Textadept?

Mainly because "save and quit" would likely trigger a "save all", which would trigger some buffer switching events to cycle through buffers to save, which could trigger "file modified" events, which would prompt you to reload/view said changes, which might make you reconsider quitting (or not), and then what? There's enough ambiguity in what could happen the moment you click "save and quit" that I'd rather the user do more than Textadept.