Re: [code] Re: Textadept Curses indents when pasting code

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 13:48:21 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Thorsten,

On Wed, 14 Aug 2019, Thorsten Kampe wrote:

> * Mitchell (Wed, 14 Aug 2019 11:59:08 -0400 (EDT))
>
>> On Wed, 14 Aug 2019, Thorsten Kampe wrote:
>>
>>> Textadept Curses (which I exclusively use) indents already
>>> formatted code when pasting. The GUI version does not. This
>>> results in massively distorted code when pasting.
>>>
>>> Can I prevent TA Curses from doing so?
>>
>> Does your terminal support something called "bracketed paste mode"? textadept-curses utilizes this mode[1] in order to not autoindent externally pasted code.
>
> I'm using ConEmu. According to
> https://conemu.github.io/en/AnsiEscapeCodes.html , ConEmu
> supports "brackted paste mode: "ESC [ ? 2004 h Enable xterm
> bracketed paste mode: ConEmu sends pasted text to console input
> buffer framed into \s[200~ … \e[201~". So why doesn't it work?

I don't know why it's not working. You can try inserting a `ui.statusbar_text = ...` or `ui.dialogs.msgbox{informative_text=...}` debug statement inside the `events.CSI` event handler to see if it's even being called when you try and paste something externally into textadept-curses. If the handler is not being called, then either ConEmu is not doing what it claims to be doing, or libtermkey (Textadept's terminal input handling library) is not recognizing the CSI sequence emitted by ConEmu.