Re: [code] [textadept] Indenting after {Enter}

From: Qwerky <mr.qwerky.att.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2019 13:21:32 -0600

Hi Lukas,

On 2019-08-21 07:50, Procházka Lukáš Ing. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> when I press {enter}, the cursor goes to the next line and
> automatically indents - indentation is derived from indentation of the
> text above.
>
> Is there a way to affect if (or how) the text is intended (filled by '
> ') when cursor is moved to the next line after pressing {enter}?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Lukas

Is this what you are looking for:

      |textadept.editing.auto_indent| (bool)

Match the previous line’s indentation level after inserting a new line.
The default value is |true|.

I would add to Lukas' question the following:

Is there a way (or can a way be made) such that when the caret is at the
end of a line when {enter} is pressed, the indentation follows the above
setting, *but* when the caret is at the beginning of a line when {enter}
is pressed, no indentation takes place?

It is very disconcerting when {enter} is pressed at the beginning of a
line, and suddenly the current line jumps right to match indentation
above it!

qwerky