Re: [code] [textadept] Indenting after {Enter}

From: Procházka Lukáš Ing. <LPr.att.pontex.cz>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2019 09:20:18 +0200

Hello all,

Querky's reading my mind!

On Wed, 21 Aug 2019 21:21:32 +0200, Qwerky <mr.qwerky.att.gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Lukas,
>
> On 2019-08-21 07:50, Procházka Lukáš Ing. wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> when I press {enter}, the cursor goes to the next line and
>> automatically indents - indentation is derived from indentation of the
>> text above.
>>
>> Is there a way to affect if (or how) the text is intended (filled by '
>> ') when cursor is moved to the next line after pressing {enter}?
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Lukas
>>

> Is this what you are looking for:
>

> |textadept.editing.auto_indent| (bool)

Yes, that's what I was looking for.

> Match the previous line’s indentation level after inserting a new line.
> The default value is |true|.
>
> I would add to Lukas' question the following:
>
> Is there a way (or can a way be made) such that when the caret is at the
> end of a line when {enter} is pressed, the indentation follows the above
> setting, *but* when the caret is at the beginning of a line when {enter}
> is pressed, no indentation takes place?

Yes, exactly - that should have be my following question, providing that there was a way to control indenting after {enter} anyway!

> It is very disconcerting when {enter} is pressed at the beginning of a
> line, and suddenly the current line jumps right to match indentation
> above it!

Yes, my feelings are almost identical.

Thanks,

Lukas

--
Ing. Lukáš Procházka | mailto:LPr.att.pontex.cz
Pontex s. r. o.      | mailto:pontex@pontex.cz | http://www.pontex.cz | IDDS:nrpt3sn