[code] [textadept] HiDPI Fonts on Windows

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2019 10:59:52 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

On HiDPI displays in Windows, Textadept's fonts may look a bit fuzzy or blurred. It was recently brought to my attention that you could make Textadept's fonts display like other applications. The difference is like night and day. I have updated the FAQ[1] with instructions on how to do this:

Right-click on the Textadept executable and select "Properties". Click on the "Compatibility" tab and then the "Change high DPI settings" button. Check the "Override high DPI scaling" checkbox towards the bottom of the pop-up dialog. The next time you run Textadept, the fonts should look much better. You may have to tweak other settings in the dialog, but the above worked for me.

Note that GTK 2.0, the cross-platform GUI toolkit Textadept uses, is not HiDPI aware, so you need to instruct Windows to take over font rendering.

[1]: https://foicica.com/hg/textadept/rev/7fdfd3ccda23