Re: [code] [textadept] Reindent / ligatures

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2019 14:39:19 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Philipp,

On Tue, 24 Sep 2019, Philipp Frank wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have three different questions.
>
> 1. how can I trigger a full buffer (or selection-only) reindent according to
> the current language?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean here. Are you talking about running a language-specified program to format indentation? Or convert tabs to spaces? Change indentation widths?

> 2. According to this site here[0], TextAdept supports ligatures with
> Fira Code, but for me, this does not work (Windows). Apparently, for
> Notepad++, which is also Scintilla based, there's a trick to change
> Scintilla internals[1]. Is something like this required for TextAdept?

I'm not very familiar with Fira Code, but after installing "FiraCode-Regular.ttf" into Window's fonts directory, I opened Textadept and ran from the command entry:

   set_theme('light', {font='Fira Code'})

and I got the new font is used. The Notepad++ trick you reference does not apply, since Textadept does not use native Windows calls for drawing text.

You said you had a third question, but it must have gotten cut off.