Re: [code] Is it possible to use Unicode characters for folding markers/buttons like in the Curses version?

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 17:10:43 -0400 (EDT)

Hi David,

On Wed, 23 Oct 2019, David Tamar wrote:

> The Curses version of Textadept uses Unicode characters “⊟”, “⊞”, “│”, “└” and “├” to display the folding markers and layout in the margin area next to the line numbers. I like this and I want to use the same mask for my GUI version of Textadept and display these characters instead of Scintilla's default 1-pixel-thick drawing
> [snip]

Unfortunately, this is not possible. While Scintilla allows its platform layers (GTK, curses, etc.) to custom-draw UI elements like fold markers, only the curses/terminal platform takes advantage of it. All other platforms (e.g. GTK) allow Scintilla to do the drawing.

I don't know of a way around this :(