Re: [code] Catalina limits Textadept to home directory

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2019 11:35:58 -0400 (EDT)

Hi John,

On Sat, 19 Oct 2019, John Blommers wrote:

> Catalina only allows Textadept 10.6 to open files in the user's home directory. It can't open Desktop or Documewnts folders. Giving Textadept and lua permission whole-drive permission does not help.
>
> The only workaround I've found is to launch Textadept from the terminal.
>
> Has anybody upgrading to Catalina found any other solution?

I don't have access to a Catalina machine, but I was looking at this[1] and know that Textadept.app launches the textadept executable via /bin/sh. So you might want to try granting /bin/sh full disk access. However, that's possibly a big security risk.

GIMP is a Gtk application that runs on macOS and this issue[2] also mentions some permissions problems. The discussion may help you out or give you some ideas.

[1]: https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/53026/how-to-restore-file-system-access-in-macos-catalina
[2]: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/issues/3710