Re: [code] puc-rio.br is down

From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <paaguti.att.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2019 08:26:42 +0100

 Hi,

Re. the first, it seems to have been a hiccup... but I take it as a warning
;-)
Re. the second, exactly: I inject the same .hgrc I use with the last Ubuntu
LTS (18.04) and get

paag.att.paag-jessie:~/Devel/textadept-old$ hg pull -u
pulling from https://foicica.com/hg/textadept
(could not communicate with foicica.com using security protocols tls1.0,
tls1.1, tls1.2; if you are using a modern Mercurial version, consider
contacting the operator of this server; see
https://mercurial-scm.org/wiki/SecureConnections for more info)
abort: error: [SSL: UNSUPPORTED_PROTOCOL] unsupported protocol (_ssl.c:727)

Once again, I also take it as a warning of where Ubuntu may be heading to...

Best regards, /PA

On Sat, 2 Nov 2019 at 15:22, Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:

> Hi Pedro,
>
> On Sat, 2 Nov 2019, Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez wrote:
>
> > Hi Mitchell,
> >
> > as always with a new release, I'm using my Ubuntu build infrastructure to
> > create .deb packages to install Textadept. However, I see that
> > http://www.inf.puc-rio.br/~roberto/lpeg/
> > is down. I can't download lpeg and that is a showstopper. I have a
> > temporary solution for this and let's hope it'll come up again. I take it
> > as a warning for the future. I think external dependencies like this
> should
> > have an alternative download page, be it your hg, be it forked copies of
> > the original project. Big overhead, yes... but that seems to be life
>
> The nightly builds on my build server make use of local, cached copies of
> packages. I suppose I could expose them and have Textadept default to
> grabbing them. I'll think on it.
>
> > Another point is that I would beg you to consider looking at an
> alternative
> > to Mercurial... Debian has fortified itself once again and I'm not able
> > clone Textadept on a clean-slate Debian 10 VM with mercurial.
>
> What do you mean? Is it the TLS thing where you have to add an extra
> config line to your Mercurial configuration file?

Fragen sind da um gestellet zu werden
Georg Kreisler