Re: [code] [textadept] Search and replace by regex

From: Procházka Lukáš Ing. <LPr.att.pontex.cz>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 17:52:17 +0100

Hi Mitchell,

> Textadept's regex and Lua patterns are completely separate. Textadept used to use Lua patterns for searching, but more people are familiar with regex, so Lua patterns were replaced with a more or less full-featured regex engine.
>
> I hope this helps clear up any confusion.

so it's clear now - thanks for explanation!

As TA uses Lua widely to interoperate between GTK and whatever extension (menus, accelerators, events, ...), I thought (IMHO naturally) that TA regex is based on Lua (patterns), too.

It might be useful to add to the "Find Dialog" - next to "[ ] Regex" - also a check box "[ ] Lua pattern" which might be more familiar for some users (like me)...

Cheers,

Lukas