[code] Re: [bug] [textadept] bad argument #2/3 to 'string.iconv' (string expected, got nil)

From: Al Zatv <al.zatv.att.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 19:01:52 +0300

Problem solved. Probably, it was caused by wrong setup of UTF-8 locale in
ubuntu docker image (it was nvidia/cuda:10.1-devel-ubuntu18.04 image,
derived probably from ubuntu core or ubuntu server distro).
=====
# locale -a
C.UTF-8
POSIX
=====
After I add ru_RU.UTF8 and do some other massaging (
https://www.mytechnote.ru/article/kak-rusificirovat-ubuntu-server-1604 ;
mainly LC_ALL=ru_RU.UTF8 in .bashrc) , problem was fixed.

ps Not only textadept was affected, `less russian.txt` also show weird
codes instead of cyrillic symbols.