[code] [textadept] Single Instance mode is off by default?

From: Christian Gelinek <cgelinek.att.radlogic.com.au>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2020 14:26:22 +1030

Hello,

I'm using TA on Xubuntu 18.04. To use it on multiple Workspaces (i.e.
virtual screens) simultaneously, I had to use the -f switch when
starting it on a new workspace and I created a launcher with the -f
switch set.  As it turned out, I still spend most of my time working on
Workspace 1 and wanted to have single-instance mode back, so I removed
the -f switch from the launcher.

Interestingly though, now if I use ta in the terminal (this is just a
symlink to /opt/textadept_10.8.x86_64/textadept) *or* the launcher, a
new TA instance opens. All this happened a while ago, so I'm not 100%
sure if or what else I've changed in the environment, so I'm asking here:

What else could cause Textadept to start in multi-instance mode?

There's another detail (also annoying to me, but it may give someone a
clue) about the current behaviour is that no matter whether I start TA
with or without the -f switch, it always overwrites my
~/.textadept/session file.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Christian