Re: [code] Textadept Customization and Upgrades

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2020 10:20:28 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Robert,

On Sat, 14 Mar 2020, Robert Gieseke wrote:

> On 14.03.20 14:51, Mitchell wrote:
>>> I tried compiling the latest version, but Textadept is entering an
>>> infinite loop "attempt to index a nil value" error message (when having
>>> no or a basic `.textadept` directory)
>>>
>>> Any ideas on how to debug this?
>>
>> Did you also get the latest Scintilla update from https://foicica.com/hg/scintilla? The nightly builds appear to be working, so it's probably a build dependency issue since your *~/.textadept* is clean.
>
> Thanks Mitchell, a `make clean-deps` and re-compiling did the trick!
>
> How do you run the tests?

I haven't yet committed the changes to textadept.c needed to run tests. Attached is my current working diff, but I haven't decided on the final API (or if there even will be one). If you end up applying it, you can run tests on a Linux box using the `-t` or `--test` switch. I recommend `ta -n -f -t`, and with your current working directory to be `_HOME`. I haven't tested (hah) outside those conditions.