Re: [code] [textadept] Big changes in hg and Textadept 11 plans

From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <paaguti.att.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 09:23:58 +0200

Hi Mitchell

I'm ready to recompile in Linux and start testing ;-) Well indeed I have
already started and have something to report...

Code: as of March 30, 2019 CEST, 09:00
Problem: snippets are not loaded from files
Symptom:
I have my snippets as: <lexer>.<snippet>.snip in $HOME/.textadept/snippets
When I try to use any of these snippets (type <snippet name>+tab), they are
not expanded.
Snippets defined in Lua code in the snippets array are correctly expanded,
though.

Best, /PA

On Fri, 27 Mar 2020 at 01:32, Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> One discrepancy that has always irked me in Textadept is the fact that
> buffer structure indices (positions, line numbers, countable entities like
> markers and indicators, etc.) start at 0, while Lua indices start at 1.
>
> Well, I've finally committed the change[1] that makes buffers use 1-based
> indices wherever applicable, and the change was much smaller and less
> problematic than I expected. Yes, this fundamental change may cause issues
> with existing user scripts, but in going through Textadept's internals and
> a set of modules[2], I've identified common changes and have put them[3]
> into a migration guide[4] for convenience.
>
> Anyone who frequently pulls from hg, please be aware of potentially
> breaking changes.
>
> At the end of the month I'd like to make the first alpha release of
> Textadept 11. There will likely be more alphas that follow, and then at
> least one beta before final release. I anticipate this process to take a
> few months minimum. (The Textadept 10 release cycle lasted 8 months from
> first alpha to final release.)
>
> Let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Textadept 11 is shaping
> up to be a really great release in my opinion, and I'm excited to be
> working on it.

> [1]: https://foicica.com/hg/textadept/rev/fffe0c8cf0c7
> [2]: https://foicica.com/hg/textadept_modules/rev/0b52100e038c
> [3]: