Re: [code] Table Mode

From: <rhkramer.att.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2020 10:30:31 -0400

On Thursday, April 02, 2020 10:09:17 AM Mitchell wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Apr 2020, juh wrote:
> > Is there a table mode for Textadept?
>
> I am not aware of one.

I'm curious to know what table mode is / does, I can imagine it is (or could
be) a function of the lexer for a given language.

(In TWiki / Foswiki you can use various markup (I forget most of it -- I think
it is mainly vertical bars "|" that you use to separate fields, and then in
TWiki / Foswiki the text between bars is displayed as entries in a table (and
each line as a new row.)

I am working (or dreaming ;-) on a (scintilla) lexer for the Foswiki (my
preferred name) markup language that might, in the future, try to display the
same kind of markup as a table, maybe using tabs between fields -- is that the
kind of thing you'r looking for?