Re: [code] Change status text font size

From: Robert Gieseke <rob.g.att.web.de>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2020 09:09:48 +0200

Hi!

On 06.04.20 08:31, bai bai wrote:
> I can change font size now with the gtkrc file. Thank you very much.
>
> One more question, can I change line height of the main text? In other
> editor, I change the line height is 1.3x, this will make the text more
> easier to read.

In Scintilla (Textadept's editing engine) you can set ascent and descent.

From Scintilla's manual:

Text is drawn with the base of each character on a 'baseline'. The
height of a line is found from the maximum that any style extends above
the baseline (its 'ascent'), added to the maximum that any style extends
below the baseline (its 'descent'). Space may be added to the maximum
ascent (SCI_SETEXTRAASCENT) and the maximum descent
(SCI_SETEXTRADESCENT) to allow for more space between lines. This may
done to make the text easier to read or to accommodate underlines or
highlights.

https://www.scintilla.org/ScintillaDoc.html#SCI_SETEXTRAASCENT

In Textadept you can set this in your init.lua like

buffer.extra_ascent = 10
buffer.extra_descent = 10

Cheers