[code] Matching new lines

From: James Reynolds <reynolds.att.biology.utah.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 15:49:04 +0000

The documentation says: "Note that Textadept’s editing component, Scintilla, does not allow for matching newline characters (\r and \n). Use Lua scripts and Lua patterns instead."

https://foicica.com/textadept/manual.html#Regular.Expressions

I'm familiar with grep but I'm new to Lua Patterns. I've looked at them and they look like grep but I am unsure what Lua Pattern I would use to match \r or \n. And does this mean I would have to write a Lua script to match newlines or can I use Lua Patterns in the find and replace fields?

James Reynolds
Sr Systems Administrator
School of Biological Sciences
The University of Utah
801-585-3086

b.n+(uȜi&N!jxr*'mx,jwj)m{^Ȝi&Nrzǧuޙ(uﮞ˛mȜi&