[code] More questions

From: James Reynolds <reynolds.att.biology.utah.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 18:37:40 +0000

I'm on macOS 10.14. When I add "textadept.editing.auto_pairs = nil" to ~/.textadept/init.lua it works in the curses version but the GUI version opens a tab named "[Message Buffer]" and says:

lua: /Users/james/.textadept/modules/markdown/init.lua:35: attempt to index a nil value (field 'auto_pairs')

It will not allow me to switch to any of the buffers via tabs or the buffer browser. Am I doing something wrong?

I'm also trying to figure out how to uses the curses version. I can not figure out the "meta key". The documentation says it's alt. But alt-anything produces special characters (like alt-g is the copyright character). It seems to be cntl, like cntl-o and cntl-s work, but many other things do not work (e.g. cntl-e goes to the end of the line, cntl-f moves a character right). I've tried the built-in Terminal app and iTerm2. Am I missing something?

James Reynolds
Sr Systems Administrator
School of Biological Sciences
The University of Utah