Re: [code] Feature request

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2020 19:38:37 -0400 (EDT)

Hi James,

On Thu, 28 May 2020, James Reynolds wrote:

> I saw the problem with the markdown init.lua file again. I fixed the problem (and will submit a github pull request). The problem is that when this happens I can't switch to any other tabs. I finally realized I could make a split view and switch to a different tab that way, but not before I closed Textadept and lost my changes because it asks if I want to close without saving changes, but I didn't have the option to save, just cancel. Can you add the option to save when there's a buffer without saved changes?

Unfortunately, initialization errors cannot be recovered from. Even if I added such an option, there is no guarantee that a save would happen because Textadept is in an unstable state.

> I've also had a few crashes. Do I send crash logs directly to you Mitchell? It would be nice if Textadept saved periodically so that random crashes with unsaved changes aren't that bad.

You can send them to me. Random crash reports do not help much, but ones with steps how to induce the crash help immensely. Keep in mind that badly behaving modules (such as that markdown module) may induce crashes that I may not be able to fix.