Re: [code] [textadept] Textadept 11.0 alpha 2

From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <paaguti.att.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2020 10:33:34 +0200

Hi Mitchell,

Hope to find you healthy...

As a reaction to the buffer/view messages on set_theme, I now have
and references to
  buffer.caret_width, buffer.caret_fore and buffer.extra_descent
in my init.lua, which looks somehow odd.

Do we have the corresponding view. ... variables?
Since the manual states not to blindly replace, what are the criteria to
replace or not?

Best, /PA

On Mon, 1 Jun 2020 at 14:53, Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Textadept 11.0 alpha 2 is released from
> https://foicica.com/textadept/CHANGELOG.html
>
> Please see the 10 to 11 migration guide[1] for upgrading from Textadept 10
> to Textadept 11.
>
> The biggest "change" in this release is that views can be used as buffers
> in most places, so something like `buffer.first_visible_line` can be
> `view.first_visible_line` (but this is not a requirement). This helps
> separate buffer- and view-specific functionality instead of having it all
> be in just `buffer`. No changes to user scripts are needed though.
> Everything that was previously in `buffer` is still there. You can read
> more on this here[2].
>
> Bugfixes:
>
> * Fixed some drive letter case issues on Windows resulting in duplicate
> open
> files.
> * Fixed `os.spawn` exit callback and `spawn_proc:wait()` inconsistencies.
> * Restore prior key mode after running the command entry.
> * Fixed regression with word completion not respecting
> `buffer.auto_c_ignore_case`.
> * Scintilla: Fixed display of windowed IME on Wayland.
>
> Changes:
>
> * Views can be used as buffers in most places, resulting in new API
> suggestions for `buffer` and `view`.
> * Scintilla: Added `buffer:marker_handle_from_line()` and
> `buffer:marker_number_from_line()` for iterating through the marker
> handles
> and marker numbers on a line.
> * Scintilla: Deprecated `lexer.delimited_range()` and
> `lexer.nested_pair()` in
> favor of `lexer.range()`, and added `lexer.to_eol()` and `lexer.number`.
> * Scintilla: Automatically scroll text while dragging.
> * Scintilla: Improved behavior of IME.
> * Updated to Scintilla 3.20.0.

> [1]: https://foicica.com/textadept/manual.html#Textadept.10.to.11
> [2]: