Re: [code] [textadept] FR: Select Snippet to auto-OK

From: Procházka Lukáš Ing. <LPr.att.pontex.cz>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 15:53:42 +0200

Hi Mitchell,

On Fri, 19 Jun 2020 15:29:14 +0200, Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:

> Hi Lukas,
>
> On Fri, 19 Jun 2020, Procházka Lukáš Ing. wrote:
>
>> Hi Michell,
>>
>> would it be possible to add such a feature to "Select Snippet" dialog that
>> the dialog performs "OK" once there is just one snippet which meets the
>> trigger typed in the edit box in the top?
>>
>> - This would work almost like key chains, with possibility to see what text
>> is to be "sent" to the editor.
>> (So unlike key-chains - user doesn't need to keep in mind key chains which
>> are not used so frequently - he can see them in the "Select Snippet" dialog.)
>>
>> - Also it might depend on a option switch, maybe in the dialog - see the pic.
>
> Do you mean that you start with a list of snippets, start typing to filter, and then once there is only one option available, immediately insert it?

yes, that's what I mean.

> If so, that is not possible, and probably not desirable in case you make a typo and wind up with something completely unexpected.

yes, I'm aware of that user may make a typo - but still there is "undo" and also - that's why suggested the check box with option to "apply once there is just one item in the listbox".

BTW, which function is called on "OK" in "Select Snippet" dialog - which performs inserting the text selected as "snippet text" into the current buffer?

Cheers,

Lukas

Ing. Lukáš Procházka | mailto:LPr.att.pontex.cz
Pontex s. r. o.      | mailto:pontex@pontex.cz | http://www.pontex.cz | IDDS:nrpt3sn
Bezová 1658
147 14 Praha 4
Mob.: +420 702 033 396