Re: [code] [textadept] FR: Select Snippet to auto-OK

From: Procházka Lukáš Ing. <LPr.att.pontex.cz>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 16:45:19 +0200

Hi Mitchell,

thank for the answer,

> Well, the dialog code is part of gtDialog[1], which is a C application/library, so pressing a button causes the dialog to return a value that is consumed by `textadept.snippets.select()`. That value (the snippet text) is passed to `textadept.snippets.insert()`. There is no way to programatically interact with the dialog (e.g. see how many items are visible, click "Ok", etc.). I hope I'm answering your question.
>
> By the way, those are the functions starting in Textadept 11. Textadept 10 uses `textadept.snippets._select()` and `textadept.snippets._insert()`.

so probably I'll define some key chains which will use 'textadept.snippets.insert(<my-arbitrary-text>)' to insert snippet-like (but actually an arbitrary) text.

Cheers,

Lukas

--
Ing. Lukáš Procházka | mailto:LPr.att.pontex.cz
Pontex s. r. o.      | mailto:pontex@pontex.cz | http://www.pontex.cz | IDDS:nrpt3sn