[code] [textadept] Textadept 11.0 alpha 2

From: Gabriel Dubatti <gdubatti.att.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 11:54:05 -0300

Hi Mitchell,

Here is a strange bug that I have seen for a while and was finally able
to isolate.

The bug is still present in TA 11.0 alpha 2.

These are the steps I use to generate it:

init.lua:

   keys.cf4 = reset
   for _, buff in ipairs(_BUFFERS) do buff:set_theme('dark') end

Open any 2 files.

Close TA. (It is not really necessary, it is just to facilitate the test)

Open TA.

press Ctrl+Alt+V (split vertically)

press Ctrl+Alt+W (close split)

press Ctrl+F4 (reset)

This generates a SIGSEGV (Address boundary error) on Linux (and closes
TA on Windows) every time.

If you remove set_theme() from init the issue is gone.

I have seen this issue when closing TA after closing views.

In addition, if you open other buffers or change buffers or views before
restarting, the problem does not always occur.

Hope you can solve this problem or tell me some way to avoid it, I use
this a lot for comparing files.

Cheers,

Gabriel