Re: [code] [textadept] Textadept 11.0 alpha 2

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 12:25:09 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Gabriel,

On Fri, 19 Jun 2020, Gabriel Dubatti wrote:

> Hi Mitchell,
>
> Here is a strange bug that I have seen for a while and was finally able to
> isolate.
>
> The bug is still present in TA 11.0 alpha 2.
>
> These are the steps I use to generate it:
>
> init.lua:
>
>   keys.cf4 = reset
>   for _, buff in ipairs(_BUFFERS) do buff:set_theme('dark') end
>
> Open any 2 files.
>
> Close TA. (It is not really necessary, it is just to facilitate the test)
>
> Open TA.
>
> press Ctrl+Alt+V (split vertically)
>
> press Ctrl+Alt+W (close split)
>
> press Ctrl+F4 (reset)
>
> This generates a SIGSEGV (Address boundary error) on Linux (and closes TA on
> Windows) every time.
>
> If you remove set_theme() from init the issue is gone.
>
> I have seen this issue when closing TA after closing views.
>
> In addition, if you open other buffers or change buffers or views before
> restarting, the problem does not always occur.
>
> Hope you can solve this problem or tell me some way to avoid it, I use this a
> lot for comparing files.

I'm working on some local changes that will ultimately change `buffer:set_theme()` to `view:set_theme()`. I experienced crashes that seem familiar to what you were describing. I've just tested locally, and cannot reproduce the crash. Hopefully my changes will work for you too whenever I commit them.