Re: [code] [textadept] Textadept 11.0 alpha 2

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2020 15:34:36 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Gabriel,

On Mon, 22 Jun 2020, Gabriel Dubatti wrote:

> Hi Mitchell,
>
>     As I mentioned I have some issues running TA on Kubuntu 20.04 when
> changing views with the mouse or selecting text.
>
>     Here is a gdb dump from the nightly version I downloaded yesterday.
>
> [snip]

Thanks for this useful dump. It's crashing on a call to `buffer:colorize()` in a `events.BUFFER_NEW` handler. Searching through Textadept's code base yields a single candidate in *modules/textadept/file_types.lua*[1]. If you comment out that line, does the crash go away? (Never mind the other potential syntax highlighting issues.)

If not, are you using any modules that call `buffer:colorize()` or `buffer:colourise()`?

[1]: https://foicica.com/hg/textadept/file/8fa6a9852a83/modules/textadept/file_types.lua#l74