[code] Moving around and selecting text with arrow and modifier keys

From: James Reynolds <reynolds.att.biology.utah.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2020 20:59:57 +0000

I regularly use opt/alt arrow to move around and skip words and it works in macOS in every app I can think of. I can also select text by word by adding shift. So shift-opt/alt-arrow will select the word. Textadept doesn't use this shortcut, instead it uses shift-cntl-arrow to select text by word. I've been trying to relearn this but it's the only app that I use that does this and I can see it's not going to happen. Is it possible to remap this behavior? I'm afraid it's part of scintilla and isn't modifiable.

James Reynolds
Sr Systems Administrator
School of Biological Sciences
The University of Utah