Re: [code][textadept] New keybinding syntax

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 10:37:58 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

On Tue, 30 Jun 2020, Chris Emerson wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 11:27:21AM +0200, Robert Gieseke wrote:
>> Indeed, that sounds complicated ... still wondering whether it's
>> necessary to have this distinction. Is it ever possible to have two of
>> Meta, Alt, Cmd modifiers? I can't think of an example ... So internally
>> they could be all the same, couldn't they?
>
> You can have both Meta and Alt (the "Windows" key would be Meta) on Linux.
> Not sure how common that is, or whether you'd want access to both in TA.

I'm not sure if the "Windows" key is reported as GDK_META_MASK or GDK_SUPER_MASK on Linux. (I've mapped my "Windows" key to be a compose key.)

On Mac you can have both Cmd and Alt. I thought Textadept had some Cmd+Alt bindings somewhere, but I was wrong.

Robert, instead of supplying `keys.CMD = keys.ALT` and asking whether or not it is possible, what is the idea you're trying to express? Sorry it's still not clear to me.