Re: [code][textadept] New keybinding syntax

From: Robert Gieseke <rob.g.att.web.de>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 17:25:14 +0200

On 30.06.20 16:37, Mitchell wrote:
>> You can have both Meta and Alt (the "Windows" key would be Meta) on Linux.
>> Not sure how common that is, or whether you'd want access to both in TA.
>
> I'm not sure if the "Windows" key is reported as GDK_META_MASK or GDK_SUPER_MASK on Linux. (I've mapped my "Windows" key to be a compose key.)
>
> On Mac you can have both Cmd and Alt. I thought Textadept had some Cmd+Alt bindings somewhere, but I was wrong.
>
> Robert, instead of supplying `keys.CMD = keys.ALT` and asking whether or not it is possible, what is the idea you're trying to express? Sorry it's still not clear to me.

I think i'd like to have it as simple as possible to have the same
keybinding on Linux, Terminal, Mac ...

Cmd and Alt are essentially the key next to the space bar and i believe
the terminal meta key is most often Alt (or Option on macOS), thus it
could be just "Meta+" maybe, or "Meta", "Cmd" or "Alt" could all map to
the respective platform key.

Maybe i'm missing something though or it makes a clear distinction
between platforms more difficult ...

Cheers