Re: [code][textadept] New keybinding syntax

From: Robert Gieseke <rob.g.att.web.de>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2020 17:39:18 +0200

On 01.07.20 16:04, Mitchell wrote:

> So `keys['meta+a']` would be Alt+A in curses, Cmd+A on Mac, and ? on Win32/Linux? The trouble is that Cmd and Alt/Option are separate modifiers on Mac and I don't see how they can easily be distilled into a single modifier.

I think the Option/Alt key on Macs mostly works like "Alt Gr" on Linux
to get alternative character variants, i don't have a Mac at hand right
now, but i'm not sure if there is any Mac key binding in Textadept which
works with "Option".

>> Maybe i'm missing something though or it makes a clear distinction
>> between platforms more difficult ...
>
> Are you trying to have one key sequence string that can apply to all platforms? If I want a single key setting for all platforms, I use this form:
>
> keys[CURSES and 'meta+.' or OSX and 'ctrl+.' or 'alt+.'] = ...

Basically i was hoping to have that simplified ... but i might be wrong
and "Option (Alt)" can be used in TA on Mac.

Cheers