Re: [code] [textadept] Textadept 11.0 alpha 2

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2020 10:00:46 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Gabriel,

On Sun, 28 Jun 2020, Gabriel Dubatti wrote:

> Hi Mitchell,
>
>   I know I changed a lot o things, but the code works fine with TA 10.8 and
> all previous versions of TA.
>
>   What I see is that the buffers that are currently visible in each view get
> the theme change, but not the others (show them using ctrl+tab, for
> example).  You can reproduce the issue with this:
>
> [snip]

I looked into this and you were right all along. I was confused, so sorry about that. You will have to iterate through all buffers, call `view:goto_buffer()`, and then `view:set_theme()`, as you have been doing. It's not ideal, but Scintilla's lack of a distinction between buffer and view functionality is the issue here. Technically, buffers hold style information, and that needs to be refreshed for each one.

I've made a note to look into a better way of handling this, but since it's an uncommon use of theming, it won't be a high priority.