Re: [code] ui.highlight_words makes a more confusing experience

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2020 20:02:14 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Pedro,

On Tue, 21 Jul 2020, Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez wrote:

> Hi Mitchell,
>
> I started working with the very last code and I was a bit confused with the
> highlight_words stuff.
> I know you can solve it by
>
> ui.highlight_words = ui.HIGHLIGHT_NONE
>
> and I have done it, but IMvvvHO that should be the default behaviour. It's
> a cool feature, no doubt, but I would make the user select it, if (s)he
> really wants it.
>
> I'm used to switching editors and adapting to their ways, but imagine a
> novice programmer. If I had to pick just one TextAdept feature "to take to
> a lonely island" it's the clean interface. Multi-highlight makes things
> fuzzier.

Thanks very much for the feedback. It's the kind I'm looking for. I have been on the fence between disabling it by default and what it is currently. I figured I'd try it for myself and see what I think. Your feedback is making me lean towards disable by default.

> And a very stupid request... Could the find dialog use mono fonts, please?
> This makes things so much cleaner when working with regular expressions

I think this is reasonable. I will look into this. Thanks for the suggestion.