Re: lsnippets vs. snippets

From: mitchell <mforal.n....at.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 17:36:34 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Gerhard,

> I'm wondering if there is a reason for lsnippets?
> What's the benefit (apart from the cleaner syntax)?

There's no Ruby dependency for regular expressions/code execution.

> Should I convert my snippets to lsnippet syntax?

There's no need unless you want to. Snippets is there for Textmate
compatibility (I originally wrote Snippets to mimick Textmate), since
that's probably what most people are used to. lsnippets was a testbed
for new ideas I had. Plus since I was so used to coding in Lua as
opposed to Ruby, I figured why not?