Re: Textadept 1.0

From: mitchell <mforal.n....at.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 18:05:39 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

> I tried to install on OS X and no
> luck. GTK-OSX installed just fine, put the .app file into the
> applications directory, but when I launch it I get a message that the
> application quit unexpectedly. Any ideas? Do you have a Mac to test
> on? I loved scite tools a lot, and I would love to be able to use
> textadept on my mac. Let me know if I can help test!

This is why I hate the fact Apple won't let OSX be virtualized. I've
always been under the impression that these app bundles "just work"
but obviously that's not the case here. If you want to install XCode
from the Leopard DVD and try again, be my guest (maybe it has some
libraries or something that magically makes things better). Otherwise
you'll have to sit tight while I read some more about application
deployment on OSX.

Thanks for your patience,