Re: Textadept 1.0

From: mitchell <mforal.n....at.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 20:05:29 -0800 (PST)

> I have no plans to add tab support; the project manager has something
> similar ('buffers')

Allow me to elaborate on this. I designed textadept to have multiple
split view functionality in a way most editors don't. I don't see a
way to implement tabs for multiple split views; the UI would get too
cluttered. A single tab bar would probably look and be confusing when
split views are present. I don't care to implement a bar when only one
view is present, as this may introduce feature bloat.

I'm open to suggestions of course.