Re: Single-instance

From: vais <vsalik....at.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 12:18:09 -0800 (PST)

Yes. However, Textmate, for example, opens each file in a separate
window, so it looks like you are running multiple instances of the
editor even though it is really just a single instance - if you Quit,
all windows close down. It would be nice to have the option to open a
buffer in a new window (or move an existing buffer into a new window),
but I don't think it is that big of a deal (surely not a priority).

A google search brings up many hacks to open multiple instances of any
application, but you are right - the Mac way is to have a single
instance. That said, instances != windows, and multiple windows may be
nice in the future.

Vais