Re: Feature suggestion: Find and Replace history

From: mitchell <mforal.n....at.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 20:19:34 -0800 (PST)

Hi Vais,

> Find and Replace history can be implemented by the user in Lua
> provided that both Find and Replace fields expose keyboard events.
> This way up and down keys could be used to index into an array of
> history items.

I'll look into having a built-in ComboBoxEntry. I think adding hooks
into the text entries will be more complicated then necessary.

> The only problem with this approach is that there is no way to display
> a list of items (other than opening another buffer).

A completion list like the command entry would show a list, but I
still think ComboBoxEntry is the way to go.

> Do you think the benefits would outweigh the costs of changing the UI?

I personally have never needed find history, but it's probably a good
thing to have in the long run. It will likely be in either version 1.3
or 1.4.