Re: Textadept output buffer

From: mitchell <mforal.n....at.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 19:30:14 -0800 (PST)

Vais,

> The default behavior of the output buffer is a little disorienting

I completely agree. This has been on TODO for a looooong time. I just
never got around to implementing something because I wasn't sure how
it should be done, how complex it should be, etc.

> <snip>
> In other words, if there is no view created specifically for the
> output buffer, it gets created (split out). Subsequent messages get
> written to the output buffer IN that view.

This is what I had in mind. I was just worried that SciTE users would
expect to be able to shrink the view and have it pop back out like
SciTE's output buffer. That could not be done elegantly.

> This can be implemented by the user, but I think this would be a much
> more reasonable behavior for Textadept out of the box.

Yes.