Re: Textadept output buffer

From: mitchell <mforal.n....at.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 21:12:18 -0800 (PST)

Vais,

> If the view is entirely collapsed that could be a problem - there is
> an error, but there is no visual. You say there is no elegant way to
> implement this - is it possible to give the view some dimension so you
> can see that something happened?

There is no way to tell whether or not a view is hidden. [I've tried
explaining this in text for the last 10 minutes, but gave up; you'll
have to take my word for it.]

I've implemented the original idea: split the view if none exists,
goto the message buffer in the split view or create it if it doesn't
exist, and print the message. It'll be up to the user to keep track of
their message view whether or not it's hidden.

This will be in 1.3.