Re: Textadept 1.3

From: vais <vsalik....at.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 16:54:26 -0800 (PST)

Note to self: do not post after 8-hour drives and a long weekend of
partying :) I take the last paragraph of my post back, OK?

The Find in Files buffer IS special already (there are three special
buffer types: shows_errors, shows_files_found, shows_messages). This
works just fine - all search results always go into the same buffer
(and a dedicated view), and after using 1.3 for a while, I completely
agree with Mitchell's decision to keep these three special buffers
separate from each other, and not lump them together into a single
output buffer.

However, this does not solve the problem of clicking-on-the-search-
result-and-the-results-buffer-getting-replaced-with-the-file-you-
requested-by-clicking-on-the-search-result (whew!) I am not sure what
the elegant way of handling this would be. Definitely the search
results buffer needs to stick around after the double-click. The
"target" view should somehow be the previously focused view, where you
were BEFORE you focused on the search results' buffer's view. This
would simulate the way Scite does it (of course there you don't have
the "problem" of multiple views). Does this make more sense now?

I hope :)

Vais