OS X: dragging and dropping a file (or folder) onto textadept icon in the dock

From: vais <vsalik....at.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 19:31:34 -0800 (PST)

This is a question for Mac gurus (Rob?...are you there?)

In Windows, this is a no-brainer: if you drag and drop a file (or a
bunch of files, or a folder) on an executable (or a shortcut to one),
the program is started and the dropped items are passed as arguments
to the program.

For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to do this for Textadept
on the Mac. I can drag and drop both files and folders onto Textmate
icon no problem, so there must be a way to get this working for
Textadept.

Google comes up with some AppleScript hacks, but really?? Is it really