autocompleteword.automatic option?

From: vais <vsalik....at.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 13:41:59 -0800 (PST)

Hello, Mitchell,

I am not sure if I am doing something wrong, or if this functionality
is not supported in TA. I would like to turn on
autocompleteword.automatic, so that I don't have to hit Esc to
complete a word that is already in the buffer. I have Scite set up so
that when only one completion option exists, as I am typing a word, a
completion list pops up with a single option, so pressing tab
completes it.

For example, let's say I have the word "autocompletion" somewhere in
the buffer. Now I start typing "autoc", and if there is no other word
in the buffer that starts with those characters, I get a popup with
the word "autocompletion".

I believe this behavior in Scite is controlled by the
"autocompleteword.automatic" option. Here is an excerpt from the docs:

autocompleteword.automatic: If this setting is 1 then when typing a
word, if only one word in the document starts with that string then an
autocompletion list is displayed with that word so it can be chosen by