Find In Files - file patterns

From: vais <vsalik....at.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 20:11:54 -0800 (PST)

In Scite there is a way to specify that only files with a specific
file extension should be included in the search (interestingly, AFAIK
this functionality is not available in Textmate, but it has other ways
to deal with this problem).

For example, when searching through Textadept source, most of the time
I only want to search inside .lua files, not .html files. Currently,
there is no way to do that in TA, but I think we could not only do
that, but do one better by offering the ability to supply a Lua
pattern to be matched against the entire file path end extension -
this would offer limitless possibilities for narrowing down your file
search.

The obvious way to implement this is to add another input box to the
Find panel. Is there another way that does not bloat the UI? I was
thinking about two possibilities:

1. some notation/convention to use in the Find input itself that would
signal to TA that part of the find string is such search metadata.

2. hijack the Lua input box (the one you see when you press F2) to use
as a place to enter Find In Files metadata (this does sound like waaay
to much of a hack to be "official' functionality)