Preserving the File Browser tree state when switching PM Browsers

From: vais <vsalik....at.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 18:05:47 -0800 (PST)

Guys, is there a simple, elegant way of doing this?

I thought I'd ask before I hack up something horribly clunky while
there is a simple solution. You see, the way the File Browser works
now is not very useful: if you switch to a different browser (buffers,
project, etc.), (as you inevitably will), then come back to the file
browser, the state of the tree reverts to collapsed. So, if you were
deep into the tree, you have to drill down to the desired directory
manually again.

So, is there an elegant way to serialize the tree state and display it
the same way it was before you navigated away to another browser?