Re: Preserving the File Browser tree state when switching PM Browsers

From: mitchell <mforal.n....at.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 21:16:51 -0800 (PST)

Vais,

> Just to explain my last point a little better: if get_contents_for
> could return a table AND optionally its tree state, it would make it
> possible for the file browser to maintain a separate table where keys
> are root strings (e.g. "/", "/Users/vais/projects/my_project_folder),
> and the values are serialized states that were saved when
> "textadept.pm.activate" was invoked with a different
> textadept.pm.entry_text.

The state itself is not serialized in anyway. You can however ask the
pm for its cursor position and it will return that. Later, when you
return to the browser, you call tell it to set its cursor to the one
you saved earlier, and it will open all parents en route to the saved
position.

At the moment I do not know how to utilize this.