Re: Preserving the File Browser tree state when switching PM Browsers

From: vais <vsalik....at.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 10:53:06 -0800 (PST)

Thank you, Mitchell!

I knew you'd figure it out eventually - you were sounding like a mad
scientist there for a little while :)

I guess I used the term "serialized state" in the broadest sense. I
think the way you are describing pm's cursor fits this broad meaning
of serialized state as something that can be stored away and restored
at a later time to produce the same state. Well, it will not be
exactly the same though, since it just preserves the path to a single
node - so, if you expanded multiple directories at the same level in
the hierarchy, only one of them will be expanded when you come back.
If that's the case, it is still good enough I think.

Vais